1. Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
User privacy and data protection are human rights
We have a duty of care to the people who supply us with their personal data and those referred to within the data we use. Data is a valuable asset, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary. We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information.
2. Relevant legislation
This website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site may also be compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact us.
3. Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
This website uses automatically collected information and other information collected through cookies and similar technologies to:
- Personalize our service, such as remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits
- Provide customized advertisements, content, and information
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of this website and third-party marketing activities
- Monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed
3.2 Forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using any of the forms on our website, and providing you give your consent for us to do so, your data will be stored in the website’s database. This data will be stored on our server, details of which can be obtained by contacting us. Should you choose to contact us using an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website.
3.3 Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be retained and utilised by us, but you can unsubscribe at any time. You can do this by using the unsubscribe links contained in any marketing emails that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
4. Links to other websites
5. How we store your personal information
As detailed above, if you submit a form on our website some personal information will be stored within this website’s database.
6. Marketing and opting out
If you give your consent, we may contact you by mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, email, about services, promotions, special offers and charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time by contacting us.
7. How long we will store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate
8. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
9. Data Controller
The data controller of this website is ourHRpeople Ltd, Company registration number 12001465, registered address Lancaster House, Wilkes Road, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8EX.